Finding attractive, budget-friendly flooring for a commercial building can seem like a tall order. You need flooring sturdy enough to stand up to your business, but you also want a design that will contribute to the aesthetics of the space. Enter commercial laminate flooring, one of the most versatile and affordable products available. These high-quality floors come in an array of styles that can be used in almost any commercial space. Many of our commercial clients here at S&G Carpet and More opt for laminate because it provides the right look and function at a great price point.
The Skinny on Commercial Laminate Flooring
If you visit a flooring showroom, you’re likely to see dozens upon dozens of different laminate options. Before you start shopping, make sure that you’re looking at commercial offerings instead of residential offerings. High-quality commercial laminate is made up of a sequence of durable layers designed to provide superior stability and a long wear life.
Choosing the Right Rating
When it comes to laminate, it’s essential to choose floors with the right AC rating. AC ratings describe the type of traffic that different products can withstand.
- AC1: These floors are ideal for light residential use in spaces such as bedrooms.
- AC2: These floors are designed for moderate residential use in areas such as kitchens and living rooms.
- AC3: These floors are ideal for light commercial traffic or heavy residential traffic.
- AC4: These floors are designed for light-to-moderate commercial use and feature an extra-durable wear layer.
- AC5: These floors are ideal for moderate-to-high traffic commercial buildings such as grocery stores and busy offices.
To ensure the longest possible product life and best installation results, we only carry laminate floors with a rating of AC3 or higher at S&G Carpet and More.