Laminate flooring is preferred by many homeowners because it’s durable and easy to maintain. Keeping your laminate flooring clean and in great condition is a simple matter of completing regular cleaning tasks and carefully removing any stains. To keep your laminate floors in the best shape possible, follow these six guidelines:
- Sweep, dust or vacuum your floor regularly. If you use a vacuum, be sure to use a special attachment for hard flooring.
- Use Bona laminate flooring cleaner instead of liquid soaps, oils or other cleaners that might damage your flooring.
- Wipe up all spills as quickly as possible with a clean, damp cloth. Letting spills stand may cause staining or warping of your floors.
- Use acetone-based nail polish to clean off difficult spots and stains. Be sure to wipe up all acetone so that it doesn’t damage your flooring.
- Avoid using a steam cleaner on the flooring as it may cause warping or otherwise damage your flooring.
- Trim your pet’s nails so that they don’t scratch or dent your floors.
If you’re unsure of how you should tackle a stain, talk to a carpet and flooring pro. At S&G Carpet and More, we’re here to help clients throughout the greater Sacramento area choose beautiful flooring and keep it in great shape.