Hard Surface Warranty Information
Day of Installation Notes
- 1. All furniture and appropriate appliances should be moved out of the installation area. Furniture and appliance moving are available at an additional charge, the customer is responsible for moving all knick-knacks.
- 2. S&G will not move or disconnect electronic equipment.
- 3. S&G Carpet and More is not responsible for cutting doors. Sometimes doors will need to be trimmed because of the height of the new flooring.
- 4. Realize that touch up putty and painting will be needed if the installer has removed and replaced your existing baseboards. S&G does not provide that service.
- 5. There should be proper ventilation and access to electricity to insure the completion of your installation.
- 6. Installation, pull-up, and prepping of existing floors will cause dust, be advised that some dusting will be required by the home owner.
- 7. Expect some noise during installation such as: power tools and hammers.
- 8. It is expected that the residents will stay off the new flooring during the night of installation, to allow glues and sealers to dry.
- 9. Sunlight will: highlight seams, patina hardwood floors, and burn or fade vinyl floors.
- 10. All jobs are C.O.D.
Lifetime Hard Surface Installation Warranty
The Hard Surface Installation Warranty protects you, the original purchaser, if you have purchased an S&G hard surface floor for your own residential use in an owner occupied residence. S&G Carpet and More’s Limited Hard Surface Residential Installation Warranty applies to the flooring that has been installed by a certified S&G Carpet and More installer. The labor must be purchased directly from S&G Carpet and More. S&G warrants that the original installation was done to the standards of the State Contractors Board. Repairs like: lifting, moldings, seams and visual problems that may be repaired by an S&G certified installer will be warranted. All area’s must be empty to perform warranty work.
This warranty is not transferable and does not cover abuse, neglect, maintenance issues, moisture, water damage, animal damage, or acts of nature.
This warranty is void if the “General Terms and Conditions” have not been followed.
The 45 Day Hard Surface Total Satisfaction Guarantee
The Total Satisfaction Guarantee is for you, the original purchaser, if you have purchased a hard surface floor from S&G Carpet and More for your own residential use in an owner occupied residence. S&G Carpet and More guarantees that if you are not happy with your hard surface flooring within 45 days of installation we will supply new material for replacement. The original installation must have been purchased through S&G Carpet and More. The consumer is responsible for all labor cost including removal/tear out, installation and the moving of all furniture and appliances. The primary purpose of this guarantee is to help the consumer who is not happy with their decorating choice. S&G Carpet and More will supply material only 1 (one) time and the customer is responsible for all labor cost. The customer must reselect a product of equal or greater cost and the customer is responsible for all upgrade cost.
This warranty is void if the “General Terms and Conditions” have not been followed.
General Terms and Conditions of Warranties and Guarantees
S&G Carpet and More warranties and guarantees are in effect when the following terms and conditions are met.
The flooring and labor must have been purchased from S&G Carpet and More and installed by a certified S&G installer. The product must receive proper maintenance including regular vacuuming or sweeping and regular cleaning. Note that portable steam units or wet sprayers will often damage your flooring and will void all warranties and guarantees. To file a claim, the consumer must notify S&G Carpet and More and provide original receipts and proof of proper cleaning products.
All warranties and guarantees specifically exclude damage from such things as tears, gouges, scratches, chipped edges, surface moisture, water leaks, spills, subfloor moisture, burns, pet damage, fading, odor, damage caused by improper cleaning products or methods, as well as changes in appearance caused by, but not limited to, furniture, appliances, athletic equipment, or heavy wheeled devices. Installation of flooring outside, exposed to weather, on stairs, commercial areas, or in any other area subject to other than ordinary foot traffic are also specifically excluded from the warranties and guarantees. All warranties and guarantees are non-transferable and are issued to the original purchaser for owner-occupied single family interior residential installations only. Liability under these warranties and guarantees shall be limited to the actual cost of the repair or replacement of the affected areas of the flooring or at the discretion of S&G Carpet and More in the form of a credit. Subject credits will be used toward the purchase of products of equal or greater value at S&G Carpet and More. The credit amount will be based on original purchase price and any additional cost will be charged to you according to the normal pricing policies of S&G. Incidental or consequential damage are neither the responsibility of the manufacturer or S&G Carpet and More.
The liability of S&G Carpet and More under this warranty shall be limited to the actual cost of repair or replacement of the affected area of the flooring extending to the nearest wall, doorway, or entrance. S&G Carpet and More reserves the right to correct any defect prior to the flooring being removed, replaced, or settlement offer. If replacement is warranted, S&G shall provide a floor of equal value should the original flooring not be available. There is no cash payment or cash value to the credit.
It is the consumer’s responsibility to move all furniture/appliances and to have areas open and clear for any warranty or guarantee work to be done. The consumer may also be responsible for labor cost under certain restrictions of the warranties and guarantees. These warranties and guarantees give the consumer specific legal rights. The consumer may also have other legal rights that may vary from state to state.
S&G Carpet and More sells hardwood from many different manufactures and distributors. The warranties and guarantees will vary from manufacturers as well as product to product. A general rule is that all products will carry at least a 25 year wear warranty and a lifetime structure warranty. S&G sells only “first quality” hardwood, so every product does have a warranty. The flooring will carry the manufacturer’s warranty specific to the product that is purchased. Realize that hardwood is a natural product, so the color, grain and character (knot holes) will vary from piece to piece. Most hardwoods are made in random lengths. All hardwood floors will patina.
Hardwood Floor Care and Maintenance
All wood floors will show some wear over time, but if you follow the care and maintenance guidelines your hardwood will last far beyond the warranty.
The following guidelines are considered reasonable and necessary maintenance that you should expect to perform. This is not an all inclusive list. All hardwood floors are vulnerable to moisture and will scratch, gouge and lose gloss level over time.
- 1. Sweep or vacuum regularly since built-up grit can damage the surface of the wood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- 2. Use dirt- trapping walk off mats at all exterior doors to keep sand, dirt, grit, grease, and oil outside.
- 3. Remove spills promptly using a clean soft cloth. Moisture left sitting on top of your floor will damage the wood.
- 4. Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring and damage from these actions will not be covered under any warranties. Do not use the hardwood cleaning machines or steam machines.
- 5. Use the Bonar hardwood floor cleaner with a mist sprayer. Use a cleaning tool with a soft white cotton head to wipe the floor. Be sure to change the head often to get all the soil off the floor. Always clean in both directions.
- 6. Never use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products, or other cleaning that contain citrus oils, lemon oil, tung oil, silicon, or ammonia since the warranties do not cover damage caused by these non-recommended products.
- 7. Do not use products that are a 2-in-1, cleaner/polish, they may contain urethane or acrylics that may damage the finish.
- 8. Place protective pads beneath furniture legs and feet to reduce scratches and dents. Replace them when needed.
- 9. Keep your pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean free from dirt, gravel, grease oil, and stains.
- 10. Remove shoes with spiked heels or damaged heels beforewalking on the floor.
- 11. Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy appliances, furniture or objects.
- 12. Make certain furniture casters are clean and operate properly, and are at least 1″in continuous width.
- 13. Exposure to the sun and UV rays accelerate the oxidation and aging of wood. This can cause the wood stain and/or wood to fade and/or to change color. We recommend that you rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. Exotic species are more susceptible to color change during the aging process warranties do not cover damage from the sun and uv rays.
Waterproof Core Warranties
S&G Carpet and More sells a full selection of waterproof core flooring from many different manufacturers and distributors. The warranties will vary by product, style, and manufacturer. A general rule is that all products will carry at least a 15 year to lifetime wear warranty, as well as a lifetime structure and waterproof warranty. S&G Carpet sells only “first quality” waterproof flooring so every product does have a warranty. The flooring will carry the manufacturer’s warranty specific to the product that is purchased.
Waterproof Core Floor Care and Maintenance
All waterproof core flooring is susceptible to scratches, gouges and gloss reduction. However, if you follow the care and maintenance guidelines your waterproof floors will last far beyond the warranty. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- 1. Sweep, dust mop, or vacuum regularly to reduce loose dirt and grit. Do not use treated dust mops or a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- 2. When moving heavy objects or furniture, always protect your floor by using plywood or other approved methods to prevent damage.
- 3. Occasionally, deep clean the floor using a properly diluted Neutral pH cleaner in cool water or ready to use spray cleaner that will not leave a residue, such as Bona® Professional Series Stone, Tile, and Laminate Cleaner in a premixed spray bottle.
- 4. Use dirt-trapping walk off mats at all exterior doors to keep sand, dirt, grit, grease, and oil outside.
- 5. Remove spills promptly using a clean, soft cloth.
- 6. Dried spots should be removed by gentle agitation and rinsed with water. Blot dry.
- 7. Over time, floors may begin to lose luster and may require an application of floor polish. Use only warranty approved products and follow label instructions. More drying time may be required for high traffic areas.
- 8. Do not use products that are 2-in-1, cleaner/polish; they may contain urethane or acrylics that may damage the finish.
- 9. Place protective pads beneath furniture legs and feet to reduce scratches and dents. Replace when needed.
- 10. Make certain furniture casters are clean and operate properly, and are at least 1” in continuous width.
- 11. Remember, waterproof products should only be installed indoors, in a climate-controlled environment.
S&G Carpet and More sells a variety of laminate flooring from several different manufacturers. The warranties will vary by product, style and manufacturer. In general all laminates will have at least a 10 year warranty (some have 35 years plus) against wear, stain and fading. All the products have a standard warranty against manufacturing defects. Some products may even carry a commercial warranty. S&G Carpet and More sells only “first quality” laminate flooring so every product does have a warranty. The flooring will carry the manufacturer’s warranty specific to the product that is purchased.
Laminate Floor Care and Maintenance
All laminate floors are susceptible to moisture and scratching. However, if you follow the proper care and maintenance plan your laminate floor will last longer than the warranties. The following guidelines are considered reasonable and necessary maintenance that you should expect to follow. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- 1. Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Never allow liquids to stand on your laminate floor.
- 2. Dust, sweep, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- 3. Occasionally, clean the floor with the Bona® laminate floor cleaner. Use the Bona® spray bottle and a clean cotton cloth. Be sure to change the cloth often and clean in different directions.
- 4. For tough spots, such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink, or tar, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- 5. Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil-based detergent, or any liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling, warping, delamination, and joint-line separation and void the warranty. Never use a steam machine or any other cleaning machines.
- 6. Do not use any type of abrasive cleaning products like steel wool, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type cleaners.
- 7. Never use any type of buffing or polishing machine.
- 8. Use dirt-trapping walk off mats at all exterior doors to keep sand, dirt, grit, grease, and oil outside.
- 9. Place protective pads beneath furniture legs and feet to reduce scratches. Replace them when needed.
- 10. Make certain furniture casters are clean, at least 1” in continuous width and operate properly.
- 11. Keep your pets’ nails trimmed to prevent them from scratching your new floor.
Vinyl and Luxury Vinyl Warranties
S&G Carpet and More offers a full selection of vinyl’s and luxury vinyl tiles from a number of major manufacturers. All these products will carry the manufacture’s unique warranty for their specific floor. All the warranties are available in email form from the manufacturers website. Warranties will vary greatly depending on the product you have selected.
Vinyl and Luxury Vinyl Floor Care and Maintenance
All vinyl and luxury vinyl floors are susceptible to scratching, gloss reduction, gouges and moisture issues. By following these recommended procedures, you can enhance the life of your new floor for many years. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- 1. Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to help prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
- 2. Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. The protectors should be at least 1” in continuous width and made of non-pigmented hard plastic. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable.
- 3. Sweep or vacuum your floor at least once a week or more often if needed.
- 4. When moving furniture or appliances across the floor use a hardboard runway to protect your floor. Even if you use a dolly a hardboard runway should still be used.
- 5. Occasional cleaning will be needed when dirt builds up. Use only the manufacturers recommended cleaner or the Bona® X vinyl floor cleaner. Some of the products claim to be “rinse free”, however to prevent build up S&G recommends using a light rinse with clean water and a terry cloth mop. Never use soap or other non-approved products on your floor, it will leave a film and could void your warranties.
- 6. All high-gloss floors will dull overtime; most manufacturers make a recommended high-gloss polish to help restore the shine.
- 7. Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight cause most home furnishings to fade and discolor.
- 8. Keep your pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean from dirt, gravel, grease, oil and stains.